RDFa web site launch, and a new N3 conversion bookmarklet

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:39:31 -0400
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

The WWW2006 conference is going quite well, with plenty of interest
in RDFa.

A few pieces of news:

1) the RDFa web site is up at http://rdfa.info - Please register! All
task force members should be contributors to the blog, of course.

2) I've just uploaded a bug fix to the RDFA javascript library, which
was pretty-printing CURIEs incorrectly as "<[foo:bar]>" rather than
"foo:bar".

3) I've just uploaded a new bookmarklet that extracts N3 locally,
using the same DATA URI trick as GetCal. I intend to use this to show
my new FOAF file available at http://ben.adida.net/card

Find the bookmarklet at the usual place:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/rdfa-bookmarklet/

I think we need to start exploring a few more implementation
directions over the next few weeks, including:
- an XSLT so that RDFa is GRDDL'able (yes, we will need this)
- "wizards" that create chunks of HTML that have RDFa calendar
events, and other data types,....
- a library that can be easily included in existing Javascript
appliations (not just bookmarklet-based)

-Ben