Re: Question about RDF in XHTML 1.0

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:11:51 +0100
To: Luca Mascaro <info@lucamascaro.info>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Luca Mascaro wrote:
> have you considered the possibility to use class
> attribute for embedding RDF in XHTML 1.0 or 1.1?
>
> For example:

>   <head>
>     <title>Document</title>
>   </head>
> developer.</p>
> ..</body>
>
> The CSS 3.0 specification introduce the namespace in CSS

Unfortunately CSS3 doesn't support namespaces in attribute values, nor
does XHTML 1.* allow namespaced values in @class, so my personal view is
that we should keep our hands off of the class attribute, and leave it
to the uses it has today.

Since the role attribute is now available as a namespaced value, it is
my feeling that this exactly addresses the use cases you have in mind,
though not in XHTML 1.1 today, which I suppose is your real question.

So in short: XHTML 1.1 does not allow namespaced values in the class
attribute, so you would have to change XHTML 1.1 anyway, so why not
change it in a better way?

Best wishes,

Steven