Re: Question about RDF in XHTML 1.0

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:15:13 -0500
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
To: "Luca Mascaro" <info@lucamascaro.info>

Luca,

We've focused purely on XHTML2 at this point, in particular since no
complete solution seems possible within the current XHTML1 (apart
from GRDDL [1], which we recommend you take a look at, too).

That said, we *are* discussing the use of the CLASS and ROLE
attributes in RDF/A [2]. The resulting triples would not be what you
cite below however, since, in following the HTML guidelines, CLASS
would likely define something like rdf:type, instead of a property of
the current page.

We hope that, once we've got the XHTML2 issues resolved, we will be
able to think about how to use RDF/A in XHTML 1.1. The issues there
aren't trivial, in particular with respect to validation.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to send us more comments and
thoughts,

-Ben

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-