Continuation of Name & Marketing Discussion

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:26:14 -0400
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

In the telecon today, we talked about the marketing proposal [1].

We agreed on Mark's proposal that we need to think about two things
separately

a) the name for the marketing effort in general, which should be
accessible, cool, not too technical
b) the name of the underlying spec, which may remain RDF/A.

So far, for (a), we have a few options:
	- metalink / Metal Ink (though domain name issues there)
	- structured HTML / shtml (though unfortunate abbreviation issues
there)

	We need more suggestions!

For (b), the underlying spec, there are no strong feelings, though we
discussed the idea of removing the '/' which is causing some headache
with search engines.

The proposal on the table for (b) is "RDFa"

So, let's think about this some more, and let's discuss over the list
any new ideas we come up with!

-Ben

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/
2006Apr/0008