Re: new W3C CDF specs (XHTML +SVG + SMIL +XForms) --- RDF/XML opportunity?

* Dave Beckett wrote:
>It's an amusing idea for this to obsolete RDF/XML, but incomplete and
>non-optimal compared to RDF/XML, for writing some RDF triples (XML
>literals for example) and a solution for XHTML2 only.

It's disappointing that you describe ideas of this task force, which
has an important charter to fulfill, as "amusing".

>People are very recently creating new formats that are difficult or
>impossible to validate with XML schemas or DTDs.  For example, Atom 1.0
>which only has a RELAXNG schema.   Just like the RDF/XML REC has
>(informative) and for very similar reasons - flexibility in inclusion of
>XML and allowing validation specified by namespaces; which is
>trickier/impossible in WXS.

If you mean that making formats that are difficult to validate using
DTDs and XML Schema might be acceptable, I must urge you to read e.g.
<http://infomesh.net/2002/rdfinhtml/#embedNoValidate> which you will
find convincing with respect to why it is impossible for XHTML 2.0 to
allow for use of RDF/XML syntax.