Re: new W3C CDF specs (XHTML +SVG + SMIL +XForms) --- RDF/XML opportunity?

* Dan Brickley wrote:
>I don't know this work well, but I understand it will give us
>a combined document format that brings together a number of
>W3C formats. One of those is SVG, which I believe means there
>is a good chance that CDF's format(s) will provide some
>mechanism for inline RDF/XML, since SVG uses RDF/XML
>for metadata. As the CDF work matures, perhaps we should
>try to make some test cases to explore whether it gives us
>a way to use RDF/XML inline.

I don't think that makes sense, clearly, "it is difficult or impossible
to validate documents that contain RDF/XML using XML Schemas or DTD's"
and "the syntax of RDF/XML is too unwieldy for use", which are the main
challenges addressed by <http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/rdf-a>. Also note
that SVG does not use RDF/XML for meta data, unlike XHTML 1.x or XHTML
2.x SVG is an extensible format and you are free to decide how to encode
additional information in SVG graphics, you can use RDF/XML, you can use
a well-designed "microformat", you can even use Notation3 if you like.