new W3C CDF specs (XHTML +SVG + SMIL +XForms) --- RDF/XML opportunity?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:40:06 +0100
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Cc: dean@w3.org

 There are some recent W3C Compound Document Formats
(CDF) specs at http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/ that I think deserve
our attention.

I don't know this work well, but I understand it will give us
a combined document format that brings together a number of
W3C formats. One of those is SVG, which I believe means there
is a good chance that CDF's format(s) will provide some
mechanism for inline RDF/XML, since SVG uses RDF/XML
for metadata. As the CDF work matures, perhaps we should
try to make some test cases to explore whether it gives us
a way to use RDF/XML inline.