The ROLE attribute

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 23:08:42 -0400
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

One of my tasks for this week was to figure out the details of the
"Role Attribute" issue from the issues list:

The entire discussion about this was logged during our August 2nd
(scroll to the near bottom, "RDF Role Attribute" just above the
action items.)

The main debate was whether the ROLE attribute would simply be syntax
for rdf:type, or whether xhtml2:role would be defined as an RDF
property that would be a subProperty of rdf:type. The problem with
the latter solution is something to do with OWL-DL compatibility.

We should aim to resolve this issue fairly quickly: please prepare to
bring up issues and discussion points at our upcoming telecon on