The ROLE attribute

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 23:08:42 -0400
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

One of my tasks for this week was to figure out the details of the
"Role Attribute" issue from the issues list:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues

The entire discussion about this was logged during our August 2nd
telecon
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005Aug/0003
(scroll to the near bottom, "RDF Role Attribute" just above the
action items.)

The main debate was whether the ROLE attribute would simply be syntax
for rdf:type, or whether xhtml2:role would be defined as an RDF
property that would be a subProperty of rdf:type. The problem with
the latter solution is something to do with OWL-DL compatibility.

We should aim to resolve this issue fairly quickly: please prepare to
bring up issues and discussion points at our upcoming telecon on
Tuesday.