Re: status of RDF/A

On Tue, 24 May 2005 02:10:31 +0200, Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>
wrote:

> I do appreciate the work that you and Mark Birbeck have been doing on
> the task force, but we're still missing, afaik, a clear yes/no,
> hate-it/love-it, need more info indication from the HTML WG.

Danny, although we had a phone call last week where we discussed this, for
the record when I mentioned this to the HTML WG last week, they laughed
and said "but it's *our* proposal!"

The resolution I referred to was the resolution of the WG to adopt the
approach and suggest it to the SemWeb community. I don't see what more
clarity you can wish for!

> I think that much of the source of confusion here is the rather long gap
> in publication of public working drafts from the HTML WG.  If we could
> all see drafts of the WG's work and current state of consensus, then the
> RDF-in-xHTML-TF would be able to understand the current state of mind
> w.r.t this issue.

Well, I posted the URL of a draft sometime back to the TF[1] and got no
remarks, so assumed that the TF was happy with what there was, and we
could carry on with the one remaining issue of bnodes. I believe that that
is correct W3C protocol.
[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/05-swbp-minutes.html#item01

> As it is, we're going on tea leaves, old resolutions, etc. This makes
> collaboration difficult.

Resolutions don't time out; you only have to make them once. If we publish
a draft and no one comments, and then someone complains that they don't
know what the status is, then someone isn't paying enough attention :-)

Best wishes,

Steven