Re: GRDDL-enabling microformats

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 17:35 +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:
> Thanks guys.
>
> Ok, try a revised version:
>
> * All the publisher of docs has to do is to include a reference back
> to the profile(s) which apply:
> <head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11" />
>
> * Ideally the profile publisher will provide a reference to a suitable
> transform e.g. xfn2rdfxml.xsl The easiest way of providing that
> reference is to make the profile doc itself GRDDLable, adding the
> appropriate <link rel=".." will produce the appropriate triple.

Exactly.

> This is altogether a lot neater than I imagined. (Lesson learned -
> read more carefully).

Well, it's perfectly understandable that you'd miss that aspect
of GRDDL... it wasn't in the earliest specs at all; it got added
somewhere along the way, after some "wouldn't it be cool if...
hmm... oh... yeah, that could work!" discussions.

I think we coded it up to be sure the details made sense before
adding it to the spec; I can't remember if my glean.py was
the first running code or if Dom's XSLT implementation did it
first. (I'll leave it to Sean or somebody to check the CVS logs ;-)
Anyway, now they both do, and the spec has examples
and figures and such.

But I still think there are 2 "aha!" moments in any understanding
of GRDDL. I look forward to lots of educational blog entries
to come. :)

> Tantek - as and when I get a working hReview XSLT together, any chance
> that you might insert the suitable lines in the profile doc? (I'll be
> happy to provide them camera-ready).
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
see you at XTech in Amsterdam 24-27 May?