Re: status of RDF/A

On Wed, 18 May 2005 23:34:46 +0200, Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>
wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> I'm glad we had a chance to talk last week at WWW2005 re: the status of
> RDF/A. I certainly appreciate all of the work you've been doing on the
> RDF-in-xHTML Task Force and am especially glad to hear that the HTML WG
> will be including this work in the Last Call draft.
>
> I wonder if this decision is documented somewhere in the HTML WG's
> issues list or drafts? WIth a bit of poking around I was unable to find
> it. While I'm certainly happy to take your word for it, I'm pretty sure
> that the RDF community would be more secure to see this decision
> documented somewhere before Last Call.

Hi Danny,

The initial resolution to take the RDF/A approach was here:

	http://www.w3.org/2003/11/04-html-irc#T16-12-41
	RESOLUTION: import all RDF properties as attributes.

You'll see some recognisable snippets of <meta> and <link> in the
discussion leading up to that resolution.

Later, when writing it up, we realised it didn't quite work as we had
discussed during that meeting, and that led to the RDF/A approach, which
has the same intended effect, but with different, though clearly related,
attributes.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Steven