Re: [HTML] Re: additional GRDDL editor

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:54:22 -0500
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>, Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>, 'public-rdf-in-xhtml task force'' <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, public-swbp-wg@w3.org, dom@w3.org

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 14:19 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:58:35 -0500, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 07:48 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> >[...]
> > > What are the goals for GRDDL in the short term - timescales,
> > > expected document status (WG note?), community review?
> >
> > Good question...
> >
> > Meanwhile, as the GRDDL Note was long overdue
> > for an update and it doesn't yet have a home WG, ...
>
> I think the suggestion is that SWBPD WG would be the home?

Yes.

>   I think
> that from chatting to the chairs briefly in Tokyo, they think it
> could live in the SWBPD.  I'm not sure of the process that makes the
> WG adopt this document, since the HTMLTF is already jointly part of
> SWBPD.

There's some question as to whether the schema-annotation aspects
are in-scope for the SWBPD WG. The straightforward process is
  - the WG decides to publish it
  - The Director agrees to the publication request;
    i.e. agrees that it's in scope

Options include
  - SWBPD WG requests a charter modification to do schema annotation
    along with requesting publication

> > ... I started
> > the ball rolling on the "team submission" process, and it
> > culminated yesterday in...
> >
> >  http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2005/SUBM-grddl-20050516/
>
> That's a new process to me.

Me too.

>   I guess it creates a fixed document
> for the current state.

Yes.

> So the advantages of a WG Note version would be extra review/eyeballs
> and more linking to other best practice and deployment work.

Yes.

The WG also has an option to advance it toward REC, where
Dom and I alone do not.

> If I was to help I'd probably just respond to any feedback but leave
> the document mostly as it is now.
>
> > --
> > Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
> > D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
> > see you at XTech in Amsterdam 24-27 May?
>
> As you say, I will see you at XTech next work.  I see in the schedule
> that Dom is also speaking, about GRDDL :) so maybe we can discuss it
> there?

Yes, here's hoping.