comment on tokyo presentation

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:09:13 +0100
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

The link I posted today

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/public/carroll-rdf-html.pdf

misses some of the key bits that were verbal but not in the slides.

Here is the top level  gloss of the talk:

   HTML documents often include metadata

   we would like this metadata to be machine readable

   Once we have done this, say with a meta tag, it presents a semantic
problem, of what does the metadata mean

   The semantic problem is addressed by using RDF, which has a
well-defined formal semantics to answer that question

   This then presents a syntactic problem of how to write RDF and HTML
versions of the same data. This TF is looking at that syntactic problem.

(then some detail on what we have been doing)

Jeremy