W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > August 2005

meeting record: 2005-08-16 SWBPD HTML TF telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:05:33 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20050816110315.02c5ee98@127.0.0.1>
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

The [1]record of today's (lightly attended) HTML TF telecon is ready for review.

  [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/16-swbp-minutes.html

A snapshot of Revision 1.3  2005/08/16 15:00:31 follows:
----

SWBPD HTML Task Force

16 Aug 2005

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005Aug/0009.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/16-swbp-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Ralph Swick, Mark Birbeck

   Regrets
          Ben Adida, Steven Pemberton

   Chair
          Ralph

   Scribe
          Ralph

   Previous
          [4]Record of 2005-08-02 meeting

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-swbp-minutes

Contents

     * Topics
         1. convene, take roll, review records and agenda
         2. Issues List
         3. bnode proposal
         4. RDF Concepts and Fragments
         5. Edge Cases of inheritance in RDF/A
     * Summary of Action Items

     _____________________________________________________________

    Mark: [12]Wiki server is up again, may be unstable for a couple of
   weeks until new hardware arrives

     [12] http://www.xforms-wiki.com/bin/view/Main/LanguageRdfA

convene, take roll, review records and agenda

   -> [13]Record of 2005-08-02 meeting

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-swbp-minutes

   ACTION: Ben create a way to track progress on the 3 issues of qnames,
   reification, and custom attributes and elements [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action01

   ->
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues
   RDF in XHTML Taskforce - Current Issues

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues

   ACTION: Ben to notify working group via a status report of upcoming WD
   of Note [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action02

   -> [17][HTML] RDF-in-HTML Task Force Update to the SWBPD WG Ben
   2005-08-08]

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Aug/0011.html

   ACTION: Ben add role attribute to the [HTML] issues list [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-swbp-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-swbp-minutes.html#action08

   -> [19]Role issue

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues#role

   ACTION: Ben send mail to www-html-editors to assign an issue for the
   GRDDL namespace document behind the profile [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action03

   -> [21]Request to Track Issue: GRDDL in XHTML2 namespace document Ben
   2005-08-07]

     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2005JulSep/0026.html

   ACTION: Ben to put together the "ACID" test for XHTML2 RDF/A [recorded
   in [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action02

   -> [23]RDF/A Wiki

     [23] http://www.xforms-wiki.com/bin/view/Main/LanguageRdfA

   Ralph: meet next week?

   Mark: regrets for next 2 weeks
   ... also regrets from Steven for next week

   Ralph: I'm not available on 6 Sep
   ... I will poke JJC and DanBri to see if either of them want to meet
   before 6 Sep, else next meeting 6 Sep

Issues List

   -> [24]RDF in XHTML Taskforce - Current Issues

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues

   Mark: in a new document I'm writing, I've been using the custom
   attribute shorthand rather extensively. I am looking also at
   reification and it seems that a good way to do this might be to allow
   META to specify an RDF Statement, then easy to talk about this
   Statement. In early drafts of RDF/A META was like SPAN but now we're
   relying more on A+attributes so META can become more powerful

bnode proposal

   -> [25]suggestion new uri scheme??? for bnodes [Jeremy 2005-08-11]

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005Aug/0008.html

   Ralph: I've started to think about this and wonder if a namespace
   would be an adequate solution? A similar question came up in naming
   variables for RDF rules languages and this must arise in SPARQL too

   Mark: problem still with getting down to URIs in triples
   ... my final conclusion was that we either need 2 attributes or an
   XPointer function
   ... I think I've pretty much demonstrated that the other methods won't
   work
   ... need others to come up with arguments for or against these

   ACTION: All take a serious look at Mark's [$1\47]bnode proposal
   summary [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action07

   [$1\47]
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005Jun
   /0010.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2005Jun/0010.html

RDF Concepts and Fragments

   ACTION: JJC to review rdf concepts and fragments [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action10]
   [CONTINUES]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action10

Edge Cases of inheritance in RDF/A

   ACTION: Mark to check edge cases of inheritance in RDF/A [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action06]
   [CONTINUES]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action06

Summary of Action Items

   ACTION: All take a serious look at Mark's [$1\47]bnode proposal
   summary [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action07]
   ACTION: Ben to put together the "ACID" test for XHTML2 RDF/A [recorded
   in [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action02]
   ACTION: JJC to review rdf concepts and fragments [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action10]
   ACTION: Mark to check edge cases of inheritance in RDF/A [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action06]

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action07
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action02
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action10
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action06

   [DONE] ACTION: Ben add role attribute to the [HTML] issues list
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-swbp-minutes.html#action08]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ben create a way to track progress on the 3 issues
   of qnames, reification, and custom attributes and elements [recorded
   in [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ben send mail to www-html-editors to assign an
   issue for the GRDDL namespace document behind the profile [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ben to notify working group via a status report of
   upcoming WD of Note [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action02]

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-swbp-minutes.html#action08
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-swbp-minutes.html#action01
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action03
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/19-swbp-minutes.html#action02

   [End of minutes]

   Change Log
$Log: 16-swbp-minutes.html,v $
Revision 1.3  2005/08/16 15:00:31  swick
First published draft

     _____________________________________________________________


    $Date: 2005/08/16 15:00:31 $
Received on Tuesday, 16 August 2005 15:06:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:15:00 GMT