Task Force Statement on RDF/A - Short and Urgent

From: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:26:00 -0400
To: 'public-rdf-in-xhtml task force'' <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

I took an action today to write up our task force high-level statement
on RDF/A, in part because we simply didn't finish during the telecon,
and in part because it would be quite useful to have wide task-force
agreement.

Here's my proposed statement, based on consensus between DanC, JJC,
RalphS, and BenA:

"We find RDF/A to be a big step forward and encourage the HTML WG to
use it in place of the 22 July MetaInformation module. Our forthcoming
detailed comments and suggestions on RDF/A are intended to perfect this
work in fulfilling the long-standing needs of the RDF deployment
community to embed semantic web data within HTML documents."

Please send feedback on this point ASAP!