Re: let's specify meaning rather than processing

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:14:12 -0600
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 11:01, Brian McBride wrote:
> Thinking a little more about implementing this, I find that I need a
> resolution mechanism to determine what script to run given the namespace
> of the XML root element.

I don't think I understand that...

> Hold on while I prepare a fox hole to duck into ...
>
> What I'd rather have is the url of the transform right there in the xml
> document,

Rather than what? That's exactly what we're proposing; here's
the example again:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
   xmlns:data-view="http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/data-view#"
   data-view:interpreter="http://www.example.org/2004/01/svg2dc.xsl"

 -- http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#grddl-xml

>  and I wonder about using the same machanism as browsers use to
> specify a stylesheet, i.e a processing instruction.

How is a processing instruction easier than an attribute?

[...]