Re: Multipart/mixed usage in GSP test suite.

From: Chime Ogbuji <chimezie@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:44:52 -0500
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> That is because I believe the use of multipart/mixed is not required and
> indeed common practice is not to use it.
>
> Having used Firefox and Chrome, as well as curl, to generate form
> requests, and using the Apache Commons Upload code to parse the incoming
> request, I have not seen any use of multipart/mixed. I don't believe it
> is common use with browsers, only with email.

Ok.  Fair enough.  I'm mostly curious (at this point) to see if your implementation of multipart/form-data is able to properly
receive the test (that doesn't make use of multipart/mixed) from the validator.  At which point (or perhaps even before) I can
change the test page to reflect the use of the non-mixed syntax.
> > However, that document says "If multiple files are to be returned as the result of a single form entry, they should be returned as 'multipart/mixed' embedded within the 'multipart/form-data'".
>
> The GSP spec only says multipart/form-data needs to be supported.
> """
> where each document is uploaded using the standard web form file upload
> widget
> """
> nothing about a specific variant.
>
> There are different ways to have multiple files in a form:
>
> * multiple form fields
> * one form form field, multiple times
>
> and they all meet the spec text. What is more, multiple files per form
> field do not use multipart/mixed in the real web.

Ok.

--
Chime Ogbuji
Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com)