Re: Bnodes in DELETE templates

rq25 also says:

"""
If any such instantiation produces a triple containing an unbound
variable or an illegal RDF construct, such as a literal in subject or
predicate position, then that triple is not included in the output RDF
graph.
"""
N.B. literals-not-objects as well.
from SPARQL 1.0 which seems sufficient to me, unless we find time to
include it in the formal section as suggested by Birte.

Template instantiation in SPARQL Update can't rely on CONSTRUCT because
CONSTRUCT constructs graphs, and update works on quads.

My example of bnodes+unbound variables was to ask in which order
processing takes places: reduce to legal RDF triples, then apply bnodes
-as-variables (so not bNodes in predicate position so the join/DISTINCT
has picked up more terms than needed) or to match and then reduce to
legal RDF, which needs to explain about named variables at the time of
matching.

The test cases do not cover this [*], and the current formalisation in
the doc of Update only works for deleting in the presence of named
variables, not insertion.  It can ignore illegal forms in delete in the
diff works because its removing things that can't be there.  The same is
not true for INSERT.

	Andy

[*] when I looked yesterday.