Re: Alternative names for HTTP/Update specification

On 21/01/11 17:28, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> I had an ACTION from an earlier teleconference to propose alternative
> names for the HTTP/Update specification.  Below are (numbered)
> suggestions, starting with the 2 Dave Beckett suggested along with
> others suggested during that teleconference:
>
> 1. SPARQL 1.1 RDF Graph Management Protocol
> 2. SPARQL 1.1 RDF Dataset Management Protocol
> 3. SPARQL 1.1 RESTful Graph Protocol
> 4. SPARQL 1.1 HTTP Graph Protocol
> 5. SPARQL 1.1 HTTP Graph Management Protocol
> 6. SPARQL 1.1 RDF Dataset HTTP Protocol
>
> There was a suggestion of removing SPARQL 1.1 from the name, so
> alternatives are:
>

> 7.   RDF Graph Management Protocol
> 8.   RDF Dataset Management Protocol
> 9.   RESTful Graph Protocol
> 10. HTTP Graph Protocol
> 11. HTTP Graph Management Protocol
> 12. RDF Dataset HTTP Protocol
>
> My personal preference is 12 and 6
>
> -- Chime

My preferences:

6 > 4 = 3 > 12 > 10 = 9

The pattern is:
   "SPARQL 1.1"
   "RDF Dataset" before "RDF Graph" before "HTTP Graph"
   HTTP or RESTful before "Management"

I think, on balance,  the "SPARQL 1.1" is to be preferred because
service description and entailment have the phrase in them.