Re: sparql11-results-csv-tsv

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:04:15 -0400
Cc: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
On Jun 14, 2011, at 1:20 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> Because CSV allows it, I think we should aim for maximum interoperability - We are not registering text/sparql-results+csv.

I would consider *requiring* the header line the best path for interoperability in that it's the path of consistency. Otherwise I have to jump through hoops to figure out if the first line is variable names or values. And requiring me to have access to the http headers that come along with the response to figure that out seems contrary to the simplicity argument for having such a serialization (and easily avoidable).

.greg