Re: Proposed change to the OWL-2 Direct Semantics entailment regime

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:26:24 -0500
To: Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it> wrote:
> I am sorry, I didn't know that. I knew that "Owlgres's primary service is conjunctive query answering".

No worries; I certainly didn't expect you to know or to remember it. :>

Cheers,
Kendall

PS--FWIW, even if we agreed with you at this point about the utility
of non-distinguished variables, you should recall that a vendor might
want to keep something of utility *out* of the spec, for various
strategic reasons. That's not what drives us here, but it seems to me
a perfectly legit move, even if it may be a mistake in some particular
case.