Re: what functions should we include in SPARQL 1.1?

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:02:22 +0000
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>

On 09/11/10 17:42, Axel Polleres wrote:
>>>    which we may want to reuse, or should we uniformly refer to the
>>>
>>>       http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql-functions#
>>>
>>>    for all functions (also the xs: ones?
>>
>> Reuse where possible.
>
> Remembering that we had this discussion partly before, one argument against reuse and for uniformly using a single
> namespace was that this single namespace would indicate exactly the interchangeable functions within the SPARQL1.1 spec
> and that these functions then would be usable without a namespace prefix as simple keywords of the language.

Must have missed that - I don't recall a proposal to make the names
keywords in the language for all mandatory functions from F&O - is the
proposal to add new keywords for all required functions, then map to
IRIs (sparqlfn:) and owl:sameAs to fn:.

	Andy

PS
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AkNZYESXv3IndGwyRkRXZ2hES0RjM0c3MHhLa05vTmc&gid=0