Re: Updated delete tests

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:55:22 +0100
To: matthew.perry@oracle.com
CC: W3C SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On 27/10/10 19:04, Matt Perry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated the tests in the delete, delete-data and delete-where
> directories to use the new ut vocabulary.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Matt,

I can parse the manifests successfully.  The tests themselves caused
some issues:

==== delete/
Tests = 12 : Successes = 4 : Errors = 0 : Failures = 8

For example:
== Test :dawg-delete-01

== delete-01.ru
PREFIX     : <http://example.org/>
PREFIX foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>

DELETE
{
   ?s ?p ?o .
}
WHERE
{
   :a foaf:knows ?s .
}
so regardless of the data, ?p and ?o do not get bound and no triples
will be deleted.

Was the assumption that variables in DELETE template act as wildcards?

Example 1, of section "3.1.4 DELETE", places variables in the WHERE
clause to get them bound for the template.

==== delete-data/
Tests = 6 : Successes = 6 : Errors = 0 : Failures = 0

==== delete-where/
Tests = 6 : Successes = 3 : Errors = 3 : Failures = 0

3 tests involve DELETE DATA, not DELETE WHERE:
delete-where-02.ru
delete-where-05.ru
delete-where-06.ru