Aggregate extensibility

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:07:22 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To close ISSUE-15 it looks to me like we probably should have a  section "Aggregator  extensibility" analogous
to the existing "Operator Extensibility" section in the doc. Just a quick list of what aggregate extensibility
seems to need to consider:

Any new agregate should probably handle the following questions:

   * agg-uri(*)  how/whether the aggregate treats rows?
   * agg-uri(?X) i) how/whether to treat errors ii) how/whether to treat unbounds?
   * Would we also allow aggregates with arityy different to 1 (like common in functions) e.g. agg-uri(?X ?Y)
   * Is it necessary to define agg-uri( DISTINCT * ), agg-uri( DISTINCT parameters ) separately, or do we asume this implicitly for ALL built-ins?

Axel