Re: Proposed definition of ExprMultiSet

On 26 Mar 2010, at 09:57, Axel Polleres wrote:

> short clarification request:
>
>> { eval(expr,μ) | μ in Ω such that eval(μ(expr)) is defined }
>
> by "is defined" you mean "is unequal to 'error'", yes?

p.s.:

 or do you mean such that μ(expr) is defined ?

I think I get the intention... to be able to treat unbound different from error, yes?

here my understanding of the proposal. Say we have:

 ?X ?Y
 -----
 a  1
 b  0
 d  "bla"
 e  1

Here my understanding of the proposal:

 COUNT( * ) -> 5
 COUNT( ?X ) -> 4
 COUNT( DISTINCT ?X ) -> 3

yes? if so, clear so far. now what about expressions?

 COUNT( ?X * ?X || ?X * ?X )  ->  ?
 COUNT( DISTINCT (?X * ?X || ?X * ?X) )  ->  ?

concretely, what happens to the "bla" row that produces an error? what happens to the unbound row, that also producse an error when the expression is evaluated?

Thanks,
Axel