Re: ISSUE-12 (HAVING vs FILTER)

From: Ivan Mikhailov <imikhailov@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:20:27 +0600
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>, Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
I'd vote for

{SELECT S
 WHERE W
 GROUP BY G
 HAVING F
 ORDER BY O etc.
}

for few reasons:

- It's inside {...} that delimit scope of inner variables of the
subquery.
- It shows proper sequence of operations, esp. re LIMIT/OFFSET.
- Russian SQL jargon contains a word that can be transtated to English
as "HAVINGing", similarly to FILTERing, GROUPing etc. A word FILTER
there will be misleading.
- I've implemented it that way already :)

Best Regards,

Ivan.

P.S. I use same allowAggregatesInExpressions = true/false trick :)