Re: [TF-ENT] Informative section added regarding updates

On 07/01/2010 5:55 PM, Birte Glimm wrote:
> Hi all,
> in our entailment regimes teleconf we decided to have a section in the
> entailment regimes documents regarding updates, which wasn't added
> until now. Here's the text that I have added, reflecting our decision
> (cf. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0430.html):
>
> 9 Entailment Regimes and Updates (Informative)
>
> SPARQL 1.1 also describes an update language (see SPARQL 1.1/Update
> and SPARQL 1.1/HTTP RDF Update), which can be used to add, modify, or
> delete data in an RDF graph. SPARQL enpoints that use an entailment
> regime other than simple entailment may support update queries, but
> support for such queries is optional. The exact behavior of the system
> for such queries is not covered by this specification. SPARQL
> endpoints that use an entailment regime other than simple entailment
> and that do support update queries should describe the system behavior
> in the system's documentation.

Slightly picky but update is optional for simple entailment as well.
There is no obligation to provide any update at all.  Also, update may
be provided at a different endpoint to the query endpoint (or it may be
the same - both setups are reasonable).

 Andy