[TF-ENT] Informative section added regarding updates

From: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:55:12 +0000
To: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi all,
in our entailment regimes teleconf we decided to have a section in the
entailment regimes documents regarding updates, which wasn't added
until now. Here's the text that I have added, reflecting our decision
(cf. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0430.html):

9 Entailment Regimes and Updates (Informative)

SPARQL 1.1 also describes an update language (see SPARQL 1.1/Update
and SPARQL 1.1/HTTP RDF Update), which can be used to add, modify, or
delete data in an RDF graph. SPARQL enpoints that use an entailment
regime other than simple entailment may support update queries, but
support for such queries is optional. The exact behavior of the system
for such queries is not covered by this specification. SPARQL
endpoints that use an entailment regime other than simple entailment
and that do support update queries should describe the system behavior
in the system's documentation.

see http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/entailment/xmlspec.xml for the full spec

Birte

--