Re: Response to ST-1

From: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:33:44 -0700
To: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Cc: SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net> wrote:
> I think this response needs to be updated, but I haven't updated it yet.
> (Sorry.)
>
> Sebastian's question about CONSTRUCT is something we've discussed --
> allowing CONSTRUCT to use GRAPH to emit quads. (E.g. Anzo (Glitter) supports
> this.)

Urk. I was actually running a fever when I wrote this yesterday, and
my thinking was obviously clouded. For some reason I was thinking of
"CREATE" instead of "CONSTRUCT". Yes, I see what he was saying now.

> I believe there has been significant support in the WG for this, but the
> main stumbling block that has prevented us from moving on this is the lack
> of a standard serialization format for quads / named graphs.
>
> I think the response to the 2nd half of Sebastian's message ought to reflect
> the above.

It's certainly not a bad suggestion, but as you point out, we don't
have a format that can return it. I'll update the reply to say this.

Paul