Re: [ENT] reuse of rif namespace for rif:imports.

On May 18, 2010, at 18:54 , Axel Polleres wrote:

> Chime, all,
>
> I suggest to mark the URI for rif imports and namespace used still with an editor's note in section 7.1.
> Both,
> 1) I am not 100% happy with using the entailment namespace (http://www.w3.org/ns/entailment/) which seems to indicate that this is a URI defining an entailment regime

I agree. I am actually unhappy with this choice:-) and would prefer to avoid it.

> 2) the rif:imports abbreviation seems to indicate that we mean the rif: namespace (http://www.w3.org/2007/rif)
>
> So, I suggest we add an Ednote just saying:
>
> "The namespace and URI used for rif:imports is still under discussion with in the group"
>
> for now.

+1

> P.S.: Talked to the RIF guys today again in the RIF TC, they obviously want to review the doc (especially in case we reuse the rif: namespace)
> I am personally not so fond anymore of reusing the RIF namespace, since - as rif:imports has no semantics in RIF - that might be misleading.

The problem is... where do we put it?

- sparql namespace means that it is really really sparql specific, which it is not
- rdf or rdfs namespace would suggest that this belongs to the core functionality of RDF which is not
- ???

the rif namespace is still the most logical place...

Ivan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153