Re: Re 2: [TF-ENT] OWL Direct Semantics added

From: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:05:34 +0000
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>, "public-rdf-dawg@w3.org Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
> if there is a general agreement in the WG, we should record that
> somewhere (next meeting?) and I can then initiate the process of asking
> for the namespaces and to populate it with the right RDFa files.
> I explicitly cc-d Birte here to see if the OWL 'side' of the world sees
> any issues with that (I do not expect, but who knows...)

I think that's a good idea.

Greg, I've explicitly added the URI that Ivan reserved for the
entailment regimes to the corresponding sections in the spec. For
Direct Semantics, I've also added a section for the profiles and I
shortly describe each profile and state the URI (well, ??? at the
moment) that endpoints can use to advertise in their SD that they
support that profiles, see
If that's what you had in mind, I can do the sae for OWL RDF-Based
Semantics (for the Full and RL profiles).

Using sd:EntailmentRegime as rdfs:Class seems fine for me. As I
understood it, you "define" them. If not you, who would define them or
where would they be defined?

> Ivan
> On 12/18/2009 09:31 PM, Gregory Williams wrote:
>> On Dec 3, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Ivan Herman wrote:
>>> Just on a very technical and minor note: after discussions with the SW
>>> CG, there are common URI-s now for the entailment regimes, see
>>> http://www.w3.org/ns/entailment/
>>> I would be happy to set up a similar set of generic URI-s for the
>>> profiles (including DL).
>> Adding the profiles would help me in describing them in the service description document. Also, is there an rdfs:Class that these belong to? In the SD document I've been describing them as belonging to sd:EntailmentRegime, but if they are defined outside of the SD document, perhaps they should have their own type? (Similarly for the profiles.)
>> thanks,
>> .greg
> --
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/