Re: [TF-PP] Minor comments on the current document

Alexandre Passant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I missed the original announcement regarding the availability of the document in SVN, but here are some late and minor comments about it.
>
> - Shouldn't it generally use the term "inverse" instead of "reverse" ? Seems more coherent with the current terminology

+1

> - In the first table, I'd suggest, "Name of people one "foaf:knows" step away" rather that 'one "knows" steps away'
>
> - Last example of 4.1: must we read
>
>   ?x foaf:knows/^foaf:knows ?x .  (i.e. foaf:knows followed by an inverse foaf:knows)
>
> instead of
>
>   ?x foaf:knows^foaf:knows ?x .

the table at the beginning of section 2 includes a row:

elt1 ^ elt2  Shorthand for elt1 / ^elt2, that is elt1 followed by
  reverse elt2.

Ie, this looks like a shorthand. That being said, I must admit I was
also misled by the example and I begin to question whether having such a
shorthand is wise/useful...

Ivan

> ?
>
> - Should we also mention that PP does not provide new features to SPARQL per se, but a simpler way to write query involving paths.
>
> Best,
>
> Alex.
>
> --
> Dr. Alexandre Passant