Re: ISSUE-48: Less verbose delete syntax

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:08:09 +0100
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
On Monday 23. November 2009 19:08:43 Steve Harris wrote:
> Again, not really that bothered, just I'd prefer to exclude FILTER to
> make it simpler.

OK, perhaps we should vote on two proposals, then. How about:

PROPOSAL1: In cases where the WHERE clause only consists of BGP, GRAPH,
FILTER and algebra joins, the template may be omitted from the a DELETE
query.

PROPOSAL2: In cases where the WHERE clause only consists of BGP, GRAPH and
algebra joins, the template may be omitted from the a DELETE query.

Now, I haven't got sufficient understanding of the SPARQL algebra to grok
what the presence of algebra joins implies. If this is a common problem,
perhaps someone could explain? If not, I feel that I know enough to vote.

BTW, I will probably arrive at the meeting late tomorrow, I have a meeting
that ends at 16:00 CET and I will most likely need to get home to attend
the teleconf.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--