Re: ISSUE-48: Less verbose delete syntax

On 23 Nov 2009, at 15:48, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 23/11/2009 14:50, Steve Harris wrote:
>>
>> Otherwise the pattern can be reordered without changing the
>> semantics,
>> as far as I understand it.
>
> It will depend on the implementation as to whether mixing quads
> +triples is the same.  In a quad-centric implementation, sure, it's
> pattern flattening to quad-joins.  But in others systems the triples
> and names graphs might be held differently resulting in different
> join characteristics within BGP/quad blocks and across them.

Good point, I was looking at it with quad-centric eyes.

> FILTER+joins (as in {}-joins) have scoping issues as per normal
> SPARQL.

Yup. Whereas if we just use whatever's in a template (i.e. BGP, maybe
GRAPH depending on syntax) then we wouldn't have that scoping issue.

Again, not really that bothered, just I'd prefer to exclude FILTER to
make it simpler.

Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44(0)20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/