Re: [TF-LIB] COALESCE is an unhelpful choice of name

> Then again, that's what COALESCE means also, so this is a case of once I
> think about it, none of the names make sense to me.   :)

One more bit of data: Perl and Python use their "or" operator (which is
"||" in perl) for roughly this functionality.

For example:

   $ perl
   print(0 || 2);
   2

   $ python
   Python 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:56:41)
   >>> print False or 0 or 2
   2

In our case, it's not skipping over zero or false, just unbound, right?

So how about FIRST_BOUND?  In Prolog terminology, it'd be either
FIRST_GROUND or FIRST_NONVAR, since once a variable is bound, it's not
considered a variable any more.

What happens if all the terms are unbound?  An error?  In that case it
could just be a special n-ary form of something to assert it's bound --
leave off the 'first'.  NONVAR(x) returns its argument, unless x is an
unbound variable.  NONVAR(x, y) is the "obvious" extension to try x,
then y, etc.

    -- Sandro