Re: ISSUE-48: Less verbose delete syntax

From: Luke Wilson-Mawer <luke.wilson-mawer@garlik.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:17:47 +0000
To: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
CC: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>, Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
Steve Harris wrote:
> On 9 Nov 2009, at 21:56, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> On 09/11/2009 20:40, Steve Harris wrote:
>>>
>>> It should follow the same rules as CONSTRUCT as far as possible, for
>>> reasons of sanity preservation. However, it's not so obvious what that
>>> means in this case.
As far as I understand it, resolution 5 (here:
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-11-03) means that the update
spec can't depend on CONSTRUCT being changed.  If we change CONSTRUCT in
query 1.1 to align with whatever ends up in the update spec, people who
are using update + query 1.0 will end up with a mismatch, although I'm
not sure how much this matters.