Re: Implementations of entailment in F&R

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:39:50 -0400
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
CC: "public-rdf-dawg@w3.org" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Kendall Clark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it would be useful information, particularly since time
> permitting is the limit, to include in F&R information about existing
> implementations of OWL entailment in SPARQL.
>
> Pellet is one such (with the SPARQL-DL that's been mentioned here) and
> there may be others; but this seems relevant information and I can't
> think of any good reasons why it shouldn't be included; if for no
> other reason, it makes the "time permitting" and the "we must do
> these" features more parallel and consistent.

I agree.

I think the intention was (and should be) to make all of the sections of
the doc (both required & time-permitting) complete before we are
finished publishing F&R.

I'm sure the editors will appreciate any text & suggestions for the time
permitted features (including existing implementations, examples, etc.)
- the only stuff that's there right now are the brief descriptions that
I wrote up so that they would be covered in FPWD.

Lee