From: Simon Schenk <sschenk@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:06:52 +0100
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

I just noticed that I will have to supervise an exam this afternoon. I
thought it was an hour later, but I traveled eastwards on Saturday and
obviously did not adjust to the timezone change yet...

Some comments on the features to be discussed today:

+1 I am using the Sesame implementations of parameters and am happy with

+1 based on Named Graphs and Query response linking. See also my post at

0 I am happy with content negotiation, but debugging from a webbrowser
would also by nice.

Query by reference
+1 if combined with Parameters or to name views. For the latter case I
have done similar for Networked Graphs [1]. Otherwise -1, as I do not
see the point then.

0 If we go for the header option, this could perhaps be combined with
Query response linking, similar to service descriptions. -1 For
comments, 0 for special elements.

Query response linking

Time allowed:
+1 Nice for interactive applications as well as for distributed joins
and the like.

+1 This will make federation a lot easier. Should be standardized in
order to allow federation across multiple heterogeneous data sources and
not just local at a single site using homogeneous infrastructure.

Best regards,

[1] Schenk, Simon and Staab, Steffen. Networked Graphs: A Declarative
Mechanism for SPARQL Rules, SPARQL Views and RDF Data Integration on the
Web. Proceedings of the 17th International World Wide Web Conference,
WWW2008, Bejing, China. 2008

Simon Schenk | ISWeb | Uni Koblenz-Landau