RE: Requesting input for the Features and Rational document

Can we adopt F&O naming here?  It's "fn:concat"

Tricky - () looks awfully like a list to a parser.  Especially if the function is named by URI.

Suggestion: off the top of my head: ?(expr)

   CONSTRUCT { ?x foaf:name ?(fn:concat(?fn, " ", ?sn)) . }

Not necessary beautiful but it will work.

This is a place where explicit assignment would be useful syntax.

>   WHERE { ?x foaf:firstName ?fn ; foaf:family_name ?sn . }
>
> As a projection it would be something like:
>
>   CONSTRUCT { ?x foaf:name ?concat . }
>   WHERE {
>     { SELECT ?x, concat(?fn, " ", ?sn) AS ?concat

SELECT ?x fn:concat....

(no comma - comma in SELECT lists are in the time permitting query language syntax.

>     WHERE { ?x foaf:firstName ?fn ; foaf:family_name ?sn . } }
>   }
>
> - Steve

 Andy