Re: Repetitive DELETE, real UPDATE

From: Ivan Mikhailov <imikhailov@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:26:22 +0700
To: Kjetil Kjernsmo <Kjetil.Kjernsmo@computas.com>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
Kjetil,

I thought about something like DELETE * when worked on update language
but decided that it's not safe enough. One who edits WHERE clause may
insert a triple pattern just to get a filter (say, filter by type) and
forget that this will affect the meaning of '*'. In addition, people
tend to experiment first with CONSTRUCT to see what is the composed set
of triples, then replace CONSTRUCT with DELETE, so the text is usually
written anyway.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software