RE: More fulltext advocacy (was Re: Lee's feature proposal)

No problem - Orri covered this as well.

A filter

  ... rdfs:label ?x .
  FILTER (match(?x, '+word', 0.6))

is the same as

  ... rdfs:label ?x .
  ?x pf:textMatch ( '+word' 0.6 ) .

FILTER (A&&B) is the same as FILTER(A) . FILTER(B) so if the match() is in filter it can be replaced by a property function form unless you want a complex filter expression where the match is deep in the expression.

 Suppose you want a complex expression ((?x > 15 && "match 'foo') or ?x < 5") (yes - you can rewrite to union and expand but it's ugly and error prone).  It's not an easy rewrite so if the syntax can handle it, the user can concentrate on the real work.

 Andy