Re: More fulltext advocacy (was Re: Lee's feature proposal)

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <Kjetil.Kjernsmo@computas.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 11:49:18 +0200
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
On Tuesday 05 May 2009 11:17:30 Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> A special case is use in a filter (that does just test for a pattern being
> higher than some threshold so it is a constraint and is more like a regex).
> The filter form is unnecessary unless non-conjunctive combinations of text
> checking and other filter expressions are really imporant.

Could you please explain this a little further? I have thought of the freetext
matching I've done as a filter, and that it would have been syntactically
more elegant to write it as such, so I do not quite understand the context
they are unnecessary.

Someone has to be asking the stupid questions here, sorry. :-)

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783
1001