Re: two test cases for OPTIONAL { { ... FILTER ( ... ) } } construct

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> As promised in the teleconference.
>
> See the two tests
>
> optional-filter/manifest#dawg-optional-filter-005-simplified
>
> and
>
> optional-filter/manifest#dawg-optional-filter-005-not-simplified
>
> ...which differ only in the results.
>
> I'm going to solicit implementation behavior and desire on this as
> discussed in the teleconference.
>
> FWIW, Glitter+Anzo passes the not-simplified test and fails the
> simplified test -- I need to dig a bit but I think this is because I
> attach the FILTERs to the OPTIONAL when I'm parsing, and even though I
> do then simplify the group-containing-a-single-group construct, I don't
> re-attach the FILTER at that point. I'd be content with either behavior,
> especially if one is clearly preferred by implementations.
>
> Lee

ARQ passes #not-simplified (and fails #simplified) when no simplification is
applied or if it is applied after the whole algebra expression has been
created.  This is the current default behaviour.

It can also pass #not-simplified, and fail #simpified.  It is just a question
of when the simplification is applied.

I prefer the separation of simplification from algebra creation (i.e
simplification does not alter the outcome).  That is pass #not-simplifiedaand
fail #simpified.