Re: reporting EARL results to the DAWG

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> As per my action, I've wrapped a bit of explanatory text around Chime's
> example EARL results and put them up in our Web space at:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/earl
>
> Comments welcome, as this is a rough first version. Still, combined with
> the overview page, I think we've got most of what we need in place to
> begin asking implementations to contribute test results.
>
> Lee

It looks good.

To show I've read it ... s/2004/2007/ in the copyright :-)

[[
The RDF Data Access Working Group (DAWG) uses a test-driven process.  The test
area is a collection of collection of the current and superseded test cases of
the working group.
]]
Minor: if the page is a letter to implementers as the next 2 paras suggests,
this text is unnecessary.  Also, as it points to the new area, there are no
superseded tests.

In the example report, it uses the "[ :p "foo" ] ." syntax form which isn't
strict Turtle.  The namespace prefix "_8:" isn't legal SPARQL (starts with _
but is not a blank node) but is legal Turtle.

Some reports may be written directly by text-generating script; some will be
generated by serializing a graph as in the example, I guess.  We are making a
statement about what we will accept by giving an example.

If we are prepared to accept this form, then no need to change the example. I
don't think we are in the business of enforcing other specs so I'm happy with
the example as is.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England