RE: AndyS's syntax tests now in CVS

Andy Seaborne wrote on 02/09/2007 05:39:21 AM:

> Fixed by:
>
> 1/ Added "@prefix dawgt: ..." to manifest.ttl
> 2/ Turned "bad-0X" into "bad-3X" in manifest.ttl

Thanks. I added the prefix declaration to the other 3 syntax manifests as
well.

I also updated the syntax-sparql3/manifest.ttl to reflect some file name
changes (some negative tests had been renamed to start with syn-bad- but
the manifest was out of sync with that.)

> The test numbering should be that they can go with tests in
> syntax-sparql3 - that's why the numbering does not start at 1.

Ah, I see. Easier (for me, at least) now to just keep them where they are.

> Results to come.

My results:

The first time I ran it, I hadn't yet updated my code to reflect the fact
that the same bnode label is prohibited in multiple BGPs. So I was
surprised when I passed some of the negative tests. I saw that some of the
negative tests had mismatched curly braces which made them negative for
unintended reasons. I fixed the curlies in these tests:

syn-bad-35.rq
syn-bad-36.rq
syn-bad-37.rq

After doing this, I failed (i.e., successfully parsed) all the syn-bad
tests in syntax-sparql4.

Once adapting my parser to reject bnode labels that are used in multiple
BGPs, I pass all of the tests in syntax-sparql4.

Lee