Re: corrections to semantics draft

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:24:34 -0600
To: andy.seaborne@hp.com
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

>Pat,
>
>I had already integrated the text into rq25-algebra.
>
>I tried to diff the versions (the attachment from last time and the
>content of the link) but the diffs were extensive due to HTML format
>changes.
>
>Maybe if I could get a non-link-saved copy of the original it might help.
>
>The "extending part" I can copy over.  A guide to what's changed in
>the first  would be helpful.

The only substantial change in the 5.1 section was something you have
already corrected. In my first version I overloaded 'instance' too
much, but your terminology is better. I re-worded the third paragraph
slightly, but that's editorial in any case.

The last part was mostly re-wording and rephrasing for clarity, but
there was one real bug: the earlier version required uniqueness of
answers, but it should be uniqueness up to graph equivalence (of
course).

Pat

>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/rq25-algebra.html
>
>	Andy
>
>Pat Hayes wrote:
>>Whoops. Re-reading the document I sent last week, I see some typos
>>and bad edits. Many apologies, now corrected. Same URI:
>>
>>http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/SPARQL-BGP-DRAFT.html
>>
>>Pat

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell