[EDITORIAL] Preface of rq24

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:26:17 +0100
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/rq24.html

I would prefer that:
	Should DISTINCT be based on lean graphs?
Be phrased as
	What is the definition of DISTINCT?

And:
	Should SPARQL care about graphs that are inconsistent by D-entailment?

as:
	What are the answers of a query of a D-inconsistent graph?

About:
	Should isLiteral observe D-entailment? Should it validate lexical
values?
I thought we settled that isLiteral applies only to literals (not
data values). Forgive me if I perpetuated a confusion there. The
issue in question is whether operators should apply to arbitrary data
values, or to ones with literal form only.

Finally, I would prefer a different phrasing for:
	"""Many of these issues reduce to "Is SPARQL a graph query language
or a higher level query language?" """"

Or rather, dropping it altogether. Both "graph query language" and
"higher level query language" are imprecise and non standard, so I
think are more confusing than helpful. If I were to rephrase it, I
might say:
	"Many of these issues revolve around, "Should SPARQL be sensitive to
the syntax or the semantics of RDF graphs, and how."

But without specifying which issues do so and how, I think it's more
confusing than helpful.

Cheers,
Bijan.