W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > April to June 2006

Re: automatic extraction of rq23 examples

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:21:43 -0400
To: Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@aduna.biz>
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20060409172143.GU11975@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 03:31:58PM +0200, Jeen Broekstra wrote:
> Jeen Broekstra wrote:
> >
> >Dan Connolly wrote:
> >>On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 11:33 -0500, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >>>On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 12:08:40PM -0500, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >>>>getting close. xslt [XS] numbers them and extracts them to html [HT].
> >>>>perl script [PL] generates a manifest and does not yet create the
> >>>>files.
> >>>>
> >>>>[XS] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/examples-extract.xsl
> >>>>[HT] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/examples
> >>>>[PL] 
> >>>>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/extracted-examples/extract 
> >>>>
> >>>working now. please co and test   
> >>>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/extracted-examples/
> >>
> >>Has anybody managed to reproduce EricP's results?
> >>
> >>Jeen, maybe?
> >
> >I have not yet ran EricPs scripts to generate this stuff but I have 
> >tried to run the generated test cases through my test suite.
> >
> >I am getting a couple of parser errors on result set files though, 
> >specifically result-5.3.ttl and result-5.5.ttl. Both test cases deal 
> >with optionals but the generated result set is malformed (it contains 
> >'empty' value properties). 
> 
> [snip]
> 
> I managed to tweak the perl script a bit, so this particular problem is 
> now solved. I also ran into a problem with result-11.4.11.ttl, which 
> contains some special characters which seemed to be encoded improperly. 
> Can anybody verify that the latest version actually does have correct 
> character encoding?

I believe the character encoding (iso-latin-i) was inconsistent with
Turtle (utf-8 only). I tweaked the open to write utf-8 and made sure
all the extracted data was in utf-8 (total 3 lines changed).
	&utf8::decode($value);
	open (F, '>:utf8', $filename)

1.8 should be all set. This updated:
  data-11.4.11.ttl
  result-11.4.11-r1.ttl
  result-11.4.11.ttl

All are commited.

> Cheers,
> 
> Jeen

-- 
-eric

office: +81.466.49.1170 W3C, Keio Research Institute at SFC,
                        Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Keio University,
                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
                        JAPAN
        +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
cell:   +81.90.6533.3882

(eric@w3.org)
Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

Received on Sunday, 9 April 2006 17:21:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:26 GMT