W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > July to September 2005

SPARQL Query Results XML Format - last call work

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:22:57 +0100
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1122398577.20610.18.camel@hoth.ilrt.bris.ac.uk>

In http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/
$Revision: 1.52 $ of $Date: 2005/07/26 17:11:25 $
you should find changes for the actions on the results doc.

I took them from http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-dawg-irc before the formal
record appears, I'll check when it does.

After "PROPOSED: that http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/mime.txt
(delegating choice of file extension to the editor) addresses issue
resultsMimeType, contingent on review by Elias"

I chose a file extension of ".srx" which has no previous common record
in the file extension websites referred to in the telcon.  This was
actioned via a resolution in the telcon.  This changes section 5, see
next item.


ACTION DaveB: add mime type to results format

Done.  Reviewers of the mime-type registration (EliasT, DanC) you might
prefer to read section 5 of the draft
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#mime
which I've made into a stand-out HTML style rather than <pre>, and added
links.

After "PROPOSED: to note that the .xsd is derived from the .rng (and
therefore, as far as we know, they mean the same thing) and make them
both normative"

Done.  See Section 4. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#schemas


After "PROPOSED: to change the namespace name to
http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results# (and update rf1 and rq23)"
and
ACTION DaveB: update rf1 with new namespace
(which is http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results# )

Done.  Also updated all the schemas and examples.
See section 3. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#examples
and section 4. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#schemas


ACTION DaveB: to choose a term and define it
(for the document itself)

Done.  It's at the start of section 2. and has anchor defn-srd
for the term "SPARQL Results Document"
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#defn-srd


Separately I've fixed the XQuery example after discussions with Howard
on how bad my former version was!  So hopefully it now should be (more)
correct.  Thanks Howard.
See http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/result2-to-html.xq

Dave
Received on Tuesday, 26 July 2005 17:23:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:23 GMT