ISSUE resultsMimeType - a mime type for the SPARQL Query Results format

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:53:02 +0100
To: DAWG public list <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

The SPARQL query results format has no defined mime type, but as an XML
format can use application/xml from the XML mime type registration.  It
is not certain this is the best solution, we might need a specific
registration, especially as the TAG finding
  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
says
  "W3C Working Groups engaged in defining a language SHOULD arrange for
  the registration of an Internet Media Type for that language."

DanC has added an issue for this resultsMimeType at:
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#resultsMimeType

I've drafted a possible mime type registration section to add to the
query results document:
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/mime.txt
which contains a registration for application/sparql-results+xml
and would be added at the end of
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/

Dave